[DuoList] 2400 CPU

Ralph Mawyer mac2400 at satx.rr.com
Wed Apr 27 19:55:08 PDT 2005

The G3 is definitely a faster processor over the 603e, and runs
significantly hotter.  The performance bump between your stock 180 and
the 240 is not that great. You'd get more benefit with installing a
faster hard drive, at least for most normal usage.  The price seems a
bit high.  Given all the stuff he's selling, I wonder where the
Japanese Might Cat 2400 is that the 603e 240 came out of.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?
ViewItem&category=4606&item=5189392222&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

The mint 2400 actually looks more appealing... ;-)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?
ViewItem&item=5189055313#description

On Apr 27, 2005, at 9:21 PM, Moe wrote:

> Do you think the 603e 240mhz is even worth getting instead of the G3
> 240...?
>
> On 4/27/05, Tom and Lisa P <gionpeters at comcast.net> wrote:
>>
>> In case no one noticed, there is a G3 carded 2400 on Ebay right now,
>> as well as a 240 MHz 603e CPU.
>>
>> Mad Dog

Ralph Mawyer, Jr.
San Antonio, Texas

Associate Editor
mac2400 http://www.sineware.com/mac2400
Your PowerBook 2400 Reference Site

safety deserve neither liberty nor safety". Benjamin Franklin, 1759.