[DuoList] Help needed for 2300c

ElBrio at aol.com ElBrio at aol.com
Wed Aug 24 12:21:29 PDT 2005

In a message dated 8/24/2005 1:41:34 PM Eastern Standard Time,
kobayb at juno.com writes:
Hi everyone,
Thank you all who gave me advices to awake my 2300c. I did try following
the suggestions but no success.
Regarding replacing the clock battery, I haven't tried opening the 2300c
yet. Is there any other way before doing so? Thanks a lot.
Terry

Terry, try unplugging it first.  Pop off the keyboard (3 x Torx screws on the
bottom of the unit..) and look for the 3 wire cable/plug just above the
trackpad and just to the right of the hole for the keyboard retaining screw.
CAREFULLY unplug it (that ribbon cable is the IDE drive cable...hard to find if you
damage it) and try cranking it up.  If the PRAM batt has failed short, it may
keep the Duo from cranking up.

Hope this helps....

Andrew