[DuoList] Internal ADB port?

Thomas Monclova samoht at bl.org
Thu Aug 25 11:14:37 PDT 2005

On Thu, 25 Aug 2005, Goodwin, Greg P. wrote:

>     You know the conenctor in the Duo 210-2300 that the track ball or a touch pad to?  A 8 pin connector.  Has anyone ever tried to wire it so that works with a regular mac ADB mouse?
>
>     I was curious if not that, if anyone knows what the pinout values are for the ADB port and the internal 8 point port?
>
>     Thanks!
>
>     Doc Clu
>
> (Currently working on turning a 210 laptop into a Mac-Tablet... kinda..)

 	Howdy Doc,

 	I always thought that internal connector was, in fact, an ADB
device.

 	So I figured someone's already done it, and that someone has.

 	Peter Liethen, of Firebook Mana fame, connected his trackpad (from
his Duo 2300) inline with a QuarkXpress hardware dongle so he could use
Quark on the go.  Although his site is now getting reconstructed, Google's
cache explains it well enough.

 	Look up "adb dongle firebook" and the first hit should do it.

 	-t