[DuoList] Duo 280c Graphics/Display Granularity

Alex Wenzel cacx1999 at gmx.net
Mon Feb 21 16:52:55 PST 2005

Hi,

I recently bought a used 280c on ebay and it shows something I have never
seen before on any Powerbook (or other notebook) I had: The display on the
screen is a little grainy, so that the menu bar, menus and the desktop look
slightly chequered. It's *very* slightly on the desktop/menu bar (more
visible towards the corners), but quite obvious in the menus. It seems to be
about the same in all colour depths.
I also have a PB 180c, which has the same display (?), and I cannot see that
granularity there.
This is my first duo (although I acquired another one, a 2300c, shortly
afterwards, which doesn't show that effect), so I don't know if that's
"normal".
Does anyone else also know that effect or can positively confirm that the
graphics chip or display on this particular unit is defective?
TIA for help.

Alex