[DuoList] OS 9.2.1 on a PB 2400c

Clark Martin cmmac at sonic.net
Sat Jan 8 12:05:47 PST 2005

At 3:56 AM -0500 1/8/05, Dijkwel at aol.com wrote:
>Thanks for the suggestion, Tom.
>
>However, irrespective of which set of extensions I use, the machine
>simply does not work unless the shift key is depressed at startup.
>
>I have now removed 9.2.1, reinstalled 9.1 and will try a fresh
>install of 9.2.1 later today.

Try disabling all but the standard fonts (Geneva, Monaco and
Charcoal).  Disable the others by dragging them to another folder.

I had a problem like this once and it turned out to be a corrupt
font.  The function in the System that used the font didn't run if
the shift key was held down.
--
Clark Martin
Redwood City, CA, USA