[DuoList] Compatibility of 280 accessories

Ruffin Bailey rufwork at hotpop.com
Sat Jun 4 13:51:35 PDT 2005

I 'lucked' into a broken, but well-equipped (mini-dock, modem,
floppy, etc), Duo 280 a while ago and was considering putting the
accessories back to work by picking up a repaired Duo from a local
shop.  They've got a whole slew -- 230, 250, 280, 280c, 2300c.

LEM's pages say the 280 is essentially a 250.  Does that extend to
these accessories?  How about the 230?

The shop is giving me a little grief about 'pulling' the Duos from
storage, and they'd prefer I knew which I wanted before going in.

On a related note, think color and the 68LC040 (but 4 megs of RAM vs.
8) is worth an extra $20 over a 250?  Ouch!  230's are only $10, so
if the dock, etc work there, that's probably what I'll get to mess
around on.

Thanks,

Ruffin Bailey