[DuoList] Compatibility of 280 accessories

Tom and Lisa P gionpeters at comcast.net
Sun Jun 5 07:02:32 PDT 2005

>  > I've got (I think) a 230, a 280, several 280cs and a 2300c.  All of
>>  them work with my docks, Ethernet Mini Dock and SCSI Mini DOCK.
>
>Any idea on batteries and power supplies?
>
>Mad Dog -- I'm tempted to trade up, but with two iBooks (500 G3 and
>1.2 G4), I'm nearly portabled-out.  This really would be for fun,
>and to test this digest reading applications next version, which
>should support Classic/OS 9-.  The Duo could test the low end of the
>support range fairly well.
>
>Wish they had a 270.  That model apparently has an FPU, which would
>help with MpegDec, the 68k mp3 player.
>
>Been digging around for internal modem install directions, but
>haven't had much luck.  From the looks of the dead 280, it's not an
>easy process.  Am I missing something?
>
>Thanks!
>
>Ruffin Bailey

Power supplies are all cross compatible, except older ones might not
charge the battery quickly and run a 2300 or 280c.  Batteries all are
all cross compatible except type 3 batts need a software extension if
you use them in a 210/230 running earlier than 7.6.

If you want to swap out the modem, you have to tear the unit down,
which isnt difficult, but maybe not worth the effort.

Mad Dog