[DuoList] PB 2400c wireless, and CardBus question

Daniel Ng dang at ucdavis.edu
Wed Jun 22 13:48:28 PDT 2005

Hi gang,
Just wanted to report that I have my 2400c up and running very well
with an Orinoco Gold 16-bit card (802.11b). Everything has been
working fine for quite a while now!

OS 9.1
80mb RAM

I've been reading about converting the PCMCIA slot to CardBus. It
seems to offer lots of advantages, but a big question is whether I
can still use my 16-bit Gold card.

So if I convert to CardBus, the voltage changes to 3.3V?
The 16-bit cards are 5V?  So I wouldn't be able to use old 5V cards?
Would I be able to use the newer 802.11g cards if I can't use my old wifi card?

Is this info correct?
Thanks for any help!

Dan
--