[DuoList] Compatibility of 280 accessories

coccorp at aol.com coccorp at aol.com
Wed Jun 29 09:28:04 PDT 2005

>>>LEM's pages say the 280 is essentially a 250.  Does that extend to
>>>these accessories?  How about the 230?
>>
>>Hard to believe that someone on LEM could put out such complete BS!  They
>>do not haave the same processor, with the 280 and 280C running an 040 and
>>the prior duos all on 030's. 040 runs at double the bus speed inside the
>>processor, unlike the 030.  Check out GURU.
>>Paul Nelson

They probably meant that the 270c is essentially the same as a 250? Both have '030 33mhz processors & are active-matrix...

Anyway, yet another Duo-friendly user here... Once you crack one open, you'll find that they are very simplistic and easy to tinker with... I worked my way from Duo all the way up to 2400c and Pismos (stopped there though).

Good luck; I am off to try to finish my Duo-related project: a wireless "portable" 2300c! (Well, with at least ONE AC plug needed...)

Craig W.
Atlanta GA