[DuoList] Wireless options for 2400c?

Daniel Palka macdaniel3400c at palkasoft.com
Thu Mar 3 15:39:08 PST 2005

Lies!  A cardbus card will NOT fit into a non-cardbus cage (unless you
physically modify the card).  If you force it in, you WILL damage the
cage.

The PowerBook 3400c has cardbus circuitry, but a non-cardbus cage.  So
in the case of the 3400c, if you modify the cardbus card to be
phsyically the same dimensions as a cardbus card, it will be recognized
on the desktop yes.  It is very buggy though and doesn't work 100%
flawlessly.  See this page for more
http://www.danpalka.com/hooper/firewire.html

However, I do not think the 2400c operates this way.  It likely will
not work at all, and may screw something up.