[DuoList] Wireless options for 2400c?

BG briang113 at pacbell.net
Thu Mar 3 15:57:13 PST 2005

The 2400 do not require a cage mod to work. I have done mods on 3 units
simply by cutting the wires and upgrading the drivers.

However there are some cardbus cards that are physically different
(thickness I believe). this is very apparent when looking at the card.

In my case the Firewire, USB and 100T network cards slid right in.
Video/DVD or other cards might be different.

I do not know if this is because the cage on the 2400 is really cardbus
or what. But when doing the mod for 2400's you are actually turning the
cardbus feature back on, it was bypassed by Apple for whatever reason.

There are a few 2400's that are cardbus cabable without the mod, came
from the factory that way. I have never seen one but I hear that they
are out there.

If you insert a cardbus card into a non cardbus unit it does appear on
the desktop, but it does not work and the machine does not always know
what kind of card it is. It has not damaged the unit or card when I
have done this.

Caveat-- this is based on my experiences only I am by no means an
expert.

BG