[DuoList] Wireless options for 2400c?

COCCORP at aol.com COCCORP at aol.com
Thu Mar 3 16:33:22 PST 2005

In a message dated 3/3/05 6:13:57 PM, briang113 at pacbell.net writes:

>f you insert a cardbus card into a non cardbus unit it does appear on
>the desktop, but it does not work and the machine does not always know
>
>what kind of card it is. It has not damaged the unit or card when I
>have done this.

Let me put my $.02 into this...

I *just* tried a USB cardbus card in my 2400c/320 and my 3400c/180 while both
were running; The cards each fit easily into both machines' card cages. Here
are the results:

The 2400c (OS9.1) immediately gave me a "Finder Needs Attention" message.
After that, the mouse moved around, but nothing could be chosen. Color it
frozen...

The 3400c (OS8.6) did not see the card at all, BUT I do not have any USB
software installed on the 3400c, whihc of course comes with the OS9 on the 2400c...

So, I guess my 2400c is not cardbus...

Craig W.
Atlanta, GA
"If you go to war you have already lost"
---Shogun Tokugawa

...from a 2400c/G3 320mhz WiFi'd by Orinoco