[DuoList] Re: Wired Ethernet for 2400c woes! Argh!

Scott Strungis sstrungis at gmail.com
Sun Mar 13 09:11:47 PST 2005

I actually tried a clean 8.6 install yesterday.  One of the Farallon
extensions gave me a rectangular white rectangle and a freezeup.  Upon
reboot, the Mac fell back to my emergency install of 7.6.1 on a
smaller partition. Disk utility would not make the 8.6 folder workable
again even if I took the offending extensions out.  I then reinstalled
9.1 and tried the Farallon install again.  No Farallon or alternate
options were available after installation throught TCP/IP.  CSS3.0 was
installed as a library, but enabling or disabling it seems to have no
effect on making these cards work.

I am going nuts trying to get wired Ethernet going on the 2400c.  I
just secured a Global Village modem / Ethernet card.  It was cheap, so
I went for it.  I don't think that drivers are included.  Anyone have
them?  One more try, I s'pose.

Thanks,
Scott