[DuoList] Retro Challenge

Samual Acorn sam.acorn at gmail.com
Mon Mar 28 16:44:10 PST 2005

would a dos 5 machine made in 1992 count?
id use linux but i dun think i could find (or would want to use) a pre
1995 version...

..define 'exclusively'  ... with the waterloo TCP/IP stack i could
surf the web just fine... volkswriter 3 makes a good wordprocessor...
and with a covox speech thing i can listen to music... (imagine
getting music out of a PCs printer port)

...or does this contest only apply to mac users? (there isnt enough
freeware in the mac community to really do much of anything with a
mac)

... and of course i could go farther back and pull my commodore 64 out
of storage... there is an ASM TCP/IP stack for it floating around out
there too...

i also have a 60Mhz pentium machine (106 MB RAM) that was made in
1992.... there isnt much of anything that that machine -cant- do....
tho right now its just being used as a web server/router(linux)... if
i put win3.1 on it i could use it in this contest as well...

PS whats the deal with the cheezy rose in your .sig?

--sam