[DuoList] Retro Challenge

Goodwin, Greg P. GoodwinG at aafes.com
Tue Mar 29 07:28:49 PST 2005

-----Original Message-----
From: Samual Acorn

 would a dos 5 machine made in 1992 count?
id use linux but i dun think i could find (or would want to use) a pre
1995 version...

	That would be wonderful.  We are wanting a variety of computer
	platforms doing this.  One of my computers, if I can find one,
is
	is a Duo 230.

... and of course i could go farther back and pull my commodore 64 out
of storage... there is an ASM TCP/IP stack for it floating around out
there too...

	And there is the other computer I will be using, a Atari 800,
the
	contender to the C=64.  I currently hit the internet DAILY using
	Atari 800 and a lantronix UDS-10 interface that makes telnet
possible
	through modem emulation.  It is great!

i also have a 60Mhz pentium machine (106 MB RAM) that was made in
1992.... there isnt much of anything that that machine -cant- do....
tho right now its just being used as a web server/router(linux)... if
i put win3.1 on it i could use it in this contest as well...

	That would be fine.

PS whats the deal with the cheezy rose in your .sig?

	Would you prefer an elephant?  ;)