[DuoList] Retro Challenge

Goodwin, Greg P. GoodwinG at aafes.com
Tue Mar 29 10:32:36 PST 2005

Dos Machine!? Ok. I have a TS 1000 I sometimes play with. I believe it
came out in 1981(?).

--->	Fun!  I have a Headstart Explorer from the late 80's.
Interesting machine.  Would have been REALLY cool if it came with a
built in term program.

 2k of ram. I also am an SE/30 regular use, along with a dual 800k
floppy SE that I run OS 2 on.

---> OS 2... wow... that is a very quick operating system on a SE.  :D

	I think when I started I was using ... System 3 I believe.

	I remember seeing a computer with System 6 when I had system 5
and thought... wow.. such advances.  :D

	The old story of looking back on a moment and wondering what I
saw.  But the black and white Mac's were a lot of fun.  I actually took
one camping shortly after getting it.  That was the only way to get me
out of the house.

	And when I think of it, what did I have to tinker on it?
MacPaint, MacWrite... uhhh... MacPaint... hehehe... oh, and Cap'n
Magneto.  Now that was addictive.  Still play it, and FINALLY paid the
shareware on it.  :D

	They were so cute...  with those 9 "inch screens

	Hey, I just realized... OS X is the first OS to not have the
happy Mac at startup.  No "Welcome to Macintosh" anymore.  Well that
sucks!

	Doc Clu