[DuoList] Any Way to use SD or Compact Flash on a Duo2300c?

COCCORP at aol.com COCCORP at aol.com
Tue May 17 10:36:45 PDT 2005

In a message dated 5/17/2005 10:50:39 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
allenpau at wellsfargo.com writes:

The 2300  does NOT have a pcmcoa slot. The Addtron device I mentioned is an
external  scsi device that adds a pcmcia slot that unfortunately can oly be
used for  compact flash cards. Would love to investigate the possibility of a
hack to  allow mother pcmcia cards though. It would open up a whole world of new
uses  for the Duo.

There were several SCSI PCMCIA card adapters made during the early  days of
the digital camera boom; I have a Minolta unit (CD-10, I think?) that  allows
me to use memory cards (with their respective adapters) with my  2300c....

I *think* it can use modem cards also, but I may be wrong on that one; I am
just assuming that it has the same function as a type A-B PCMCIA module for
the  Powerbook 500-series - every (16-bit) thing EXCEPT wifi cards.

On that point, I am still(!) looking for a Duo Ethernet microdock to make  my
2300c "wireless" about the only way I know how; using the dock w/ a wifi-b
"bridge" device I bought awhile back that can make any computer with an
ethernet  port receive a wifi signal. The one I have is the smallest I have ever
seen; it  can clip onto a laptop's screen.

ANYWAY....

Craig W.