[DuoList] Basic OS X questions (yes I searched archives!)

Matthew Mung matthew_mung at mac.com
Tue May 17 22:34:02 PDT 2005

My 2400c has the same spec as yours and running OSX

1.  10.2 is "usable".
2.  Yes.  PCMCIA cards should work as long as they are supported by OSX or
have native OSX driver.  Cardbus depends on your cards and 2400c.   IBM FW
card, ADS USB card, Farallon FastEthernet card and Linksys 802.11G are
working on mine.
3.  Yes. 10.2 support native thousends colours
4.  Never time mine, it is almost same length as reheating a microwave TV
dinner.
5.  Never use the sound at all.  I believe it only fixed 10.3
6.  My prism based 802.11b card works find with
http://wirelessdriver.sourceforge.net/ driver.  However, I am using the
boardcom based 802.11G card (made by linksys) with build-in apple airport
driver.
7. Should work.  I used AppleCD 300 with XPF to install OSX.
8.  It depends.  MS Office X (or openoffice) will kill your 2400c right
away.  AppleWork works OK if you are not a fast typer.  iTune works fine.  I
am using my as software airport stations, iTune server and kisMAC.

:-)