[DuoList] Re: How do I get a file off a 2400c w/ no disk or ZIP drives?

JCT toujc at tlb.sympatico.ca
Thu Nov 3 16:00:31 PST 2005

From: Iman Bhullar

I have my thesis on a 2400c I've had for years. It has
no modem, no disk drive and no CD. There's no way to
get files on or off except through an external ZIP
drive. The zip drive isn't working anymore (just
happened today - why does it always happen when you
need the thing the most?!!). I'm not sure what's
wrong. I click on the "Iomega ZIP drive" icon and the
computer freezes up until I unplug the drive. After I
unplug the drive from the computer, it unfreezes gives
me an error "No Iomega drives available."

---zip---

I think I'm going to have to start transcribing.
Hi Iman,
Is it possible that the ZIP drive number on the SCSI chain has changed?
If so, it can conflict with the same number on the chain.
I have no PB 2400 but from what I understand, it should have only 2
numbers alredy taken: one for the hardrive, the other for Mac OS
system (0 & 1 if I remember well, in other word your external ZIP
drive should not be numbered 0 or 1).
Good Luck,
JCT