[DuoList] re: revisiting a wireless Duo 2300

Dan K macdan at comcast.net
Thu Nov 3 19:56:45 PST 2005

Thomas Monclova <samoht at bl.org> wrote:
> 	I was exploring something like that using a Linksys device, but it
>required more current than ADB could provide.  ADB cranks out 500 mA.  The
>Linksys I was using needed twice that.
>
> 	Best of luck on your device, though!

The HD(s) must be supplied with some decent amount of 5V juice. I know
I've run a 2300 with both ATA _and_ SCSI drives connected without frying
anything, so I reckon I can pull a solid 5v feed off the unused internal
(SCSI) HD connector. I'll have to look up the HD buses' power supply
specs in the devnote to be sure . . .

dan k

http://macdan.n3.net/
carracho://dankephoto.dhs.org:9700