[DuoList] How do I get a file off a 2400c w/ no disk or ZIP drives?

COCCORP at aol.com COCCORP at aol.com
Fri Nov 4 03:37:59 PST 2005

In a message dated 11/3/2005 5:39:47 PM Eastern Standard Time,
imansingh at yahoo.com writes:

> I have my thesis on a 2400c I've had for years. It has
> no modem, no disk drive and no CD. There's no way to
> get files on or off except through an external ZIP
> drive. The zip drive isn't working anymore (just
> happened today - why does it always happen when you
> need the thing the most?!!). I'm not sure what's
> wrong. I click on the "Iomega ZIP drive" icon and the
> computer freezes up until I unplug the drive. After I
> unplug the drive from the computer, it unfreezes gives
> me an error "No Iomega drives available."

I'm coming in late on this, but how about transferrign the file via Appletalk
using your serial port? Of course it would have to be to another mac with a
serial port.

Or, how about printing it to a HP Laserjet? Mine (a 6p) has Appletalk
capabilities...

Craig W.
Atlanta, GA
Power corrupts. Absolute power's a blast. ­- John Fund