[DuoList] Re: 2400 (Gene Osburn)

Gary F. Daught gfdaught at charter.net
Fri Nov 25 08:21:16 PST 2005

Gene,

Greetings. I am also about ready to jump on the CompactFlash boot-
drive bandwagon for my 2400 (which I love!). Just to clarify,
however, when you say "run the OS installer," are you saying I don't/
can't just COPY the OS and apps from my hard drive to the CF card,
and then assign the CF as the boot drive from the Startup Disk
Control Panel? I have to actually INSTALL the OS onto the CF card
first? I have the 1GB hard drive (thinking about up-grading this,
too, after a while), and have it configured just about the way I want
it (running OS 8.6, apps, etc.—even iTunes 1.1 using the iTunes for
OS 8 patch!). I was going to just format the CF card and then drag
all the contents from my HD over. But you seem to be suggesting that
this approach won't work. Could you correct my impression?

Thanks!

Gary F. Daught