[DuoList] Help for 2400 with display trouble.

Susanna sus at mac.com
Tue Nov 29 18:44:52 PST 2005

>It sounds like a cable issue, and unless you can aquire spare parts
>and are willing to do some board level repair I can only suggest
>someone like DT&T Services for repair.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.  As a matter of fact, my 2400 came with some
extra parts -- including a whole extra lid (the plastic frame and
top, the screen, and a cable hanging off of it).

  As for sending it away for repair: if I have to do that eventually,
I will, but I hope to be able to fix it myself.

I have an Apple PDF service manual for the 2400 , but the take-apart
instructions -- which are very clear and easy to follow -- don't
include much beyond keyboard and RAM.  (There was an exploded view of
other things, but no instructions.) Is there a manual that covers
things beyond that?

Has anyone repaired a 2400 with display problems like those I
described (flickering and white bands from tilting the screen)?  What
did you do to fix it? How difficult was it?

Susanna