[DuoList] FS - various 2400 parts and G3 cards

Chuck Kenney kenneyc at mac.com
Sat Oct 1 04:08:07 PDT 2005

As much as it pains me to do this, I can't deal with having a non-
functional 2400, and I'm not in the mood to try and fix it anymore.
I just spent the last two hours re-soldering the wires on the bottom
of the logic board that are connected to the pcmcia cage, and
reassembling the machine, to have it do the same thing this board was
doing a year ago.  Closer inspection shows me that one of the
capacitors connected to these two wires is half melted away, which
would probably cause some strange things.

That said... I'm going to sell off the parts of my PowerBook 2400c
that DO work, and thought I'd offer them to the duolisters first, as
my thanks for all the help.

Make me what you consider a fair offer off list for any (or more than
one) of the items, and anything not taken by Oct 5th is going on
ebay.  If you want a picture of something, ask.  I'm in the United
States, and am more comfortable shipping something to the US or
Canada, but if you're not in one of those places, and really want
something, i'll consider it.  For everyone, I'll ship however you
want, as long as you pay for it.

- NewerTech NuPowr G3 240Mhz, bought sealed in box last year off
ebay, used just long enough to realize it works, and my video card
likes the color red.

- Another NewerTech NuPowr G3 240Mhz, no box, just the processor, I
used thermal paste to test this one, as I got it without a thermal
pad on trade for something else.  I personally only used it for a few
days, again, the red video thing.

- 180Mhz 603e (ev?) processor.

- 32MB NewerTech memory module, this may not be production run (I
don't know), but has never given me issues.

- Display assembly with good hinges and cables.

-  Display assembly with sheared/broken left hinge and good cables.
White spots of paint on the back as it got splashed when walls were
being painted.

- Black/stock japanese keyboard.  There are cracks in three of the
screw down tabs, but it does tighten down, and works great.

- Wristpad/trackpad assembly, the clicker still works.

If you want anything below this, I'll send it to you for the cost of
shipping only, just because I don't want parts laying around.

Clutch cover
that little plastic piece that has the indentation for the brightness
button
bottom case with headphone cover
i/r board and cable
battery (lasts around 30 minutes, last I checked)
power adapter
logic board that boots fine, but has dark red tinted video
logic board that does not boot without extensions disabled, this
would definitely be for scavenging parts
power board with a crunched floppy drive port

The machine was formerly owned by Newer Technology, and I got it from
them with the RAM installed, and the floppy port already crunched.
--
Chuck Kenney

FreeFall Software
http://www.freefallsoftware.com