[DuoList] Help configing TrueMobile wireless for encryption on PB2400c

COCCORP at aol.com COCCORP at aol.com
Wed Oct 26 10:08:04 PDT 2005

In a message dated 10/26/05 11:26:36 AM, gfdaught at charter.net writes:

>Greetings. I have purchased a TrueMobile 1150 wireless pc card for my PB2400c
>(running OS 8.6). I know this is really a Lucent/Agere GOLD card, and I'm
>using ORiNOCO v. 7.2 software. The card works great on an unencrypted
network.
>However, I am having trouble configuring for 128-bit encryption with a
>WEP key. I can see the 26 digit alphanumeric key to access the Linksys
>router on my desktop router set-up, but when I enter it as text in the
>set-up Control Panel on my 2400 it doesn't work (even though signal strength
>is great).

Don't have the solution, but I noticed the same problem with the Entarsys
802.11b card. Using 64-bit encryption with Orinoc software, I could not make it
access my Airport Base Station, while my (true) Orinoco (lucent) card, my
proxim sykline wifi cards & my Airport card work just fine. Unencrypted the
Entarsys works great.

Craig W. (on a 5300c wifi'd by Lucent Orinoco)
Atlanta, GA
Power corrupts. Absolute power's a blast. -- John Fund