[DuoList] UltraDock ethernet problem

chris smolyk nessmuk at interbaun.com
Wed Dec 20 22:01:52 PST 2006

Hello, everybody. I was an active member when I used a Duo 210 and later
a 280 in a Dock. Then I got into using a PPC 6500 and Ubuntu Linux on
Intel hardware.
In resurrecting my 280, I now have an UltraDock 16sce. Ethernet always
worked flawlessly with a NuBus Asante card in the Dock, and was working
there when I was updating everything on the laptop. But in installing the
UltraDock software, I kept getting the alert that there was no known
Ethernet card on this computer.....but only when the laptop was undocked.
I tried moving from OS 7.5.5 to 7.6.1, which is my favorite after 7.1.3.
On both OS's, the 'no known Ethernet card" alert now comes up whether
the laptop is docked or mobile.
Do I need to open the laptop up and reset the various cables and
connectors or what?

chriss