[DuoList] PB 2400 G3 new upgrade card for sale

Ivan Drucker ivanxqz at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 14 17:34:37 PST 2006

Hello old friends, it's been a long time, and I don't really use my 2400
every day, but I still lurk from time to time.

While moving out of my place, I found something that I thought might be
of interest to the 2400 community: an in-the-box NewerTech NuPowr G3
upgrade. I bought it three years ago from Techno Warehouse LLC (who
appear to be no more, unfortunately).

I remember talking to their engineers and they said they basically
bought a bunch of defective 2400 cards from Newer when that company went
down (before they came back), and put new CPU's on them and tested them.
I remember him telling me that actually they used the copper 333 MHz G3
(even though the card still runs at 240 MHz), meaning this card runs not
only cooler than the original 240 MHz upgrade, but cooler than the 180
MHz 603e which came with the machine.

I remember installing this card once to verify that it worked, which it
did, and then I put it back in the box.

The driver is available here:
<http://eshop.macsales.com/Tech/FTP/newertech/NUpowrG3v103.hqx>

Part of me is inclined to keep it around as a backup in case my
Interware card dies one day, but I thought I'd ask to see if there was
anyone in the community here who it would make happy. If so, please make
me an offer. (A fair offer, please.) I'll guarantee the card against DOA.

Glad to see you're still keeping the 2400 torch alive!

Ivan Drucker
IvanExpert Consulting
http://www.ivanexpert.com
(212) 353-3310