[DuoList] PB 2400 G3 new upgrade card for sale

Gene Osburn mac4gman at gmail.com
Tue Mar 14 19:08:06 PST 2006

Hey Ivan, et al!

> Oh yeah! I forgot I never did the screen.
>
> Well, if you find anything interesting in there, be sure to let us
> know...

Actually only went so far as removing the bezel, not gonna do any
further disassembly of the display.

>> Wow Ivan, I was just looking over your old take-apart notes on
>> mac2400 to see if you broke down the screen....in case Gene could use
>> the instructions.
>>
>> Sorry Gene, he just detailed the case break-down.

Which was a HUGE relief to have handy as I worked with bated breath!
So far the operation is a complete success; now would someone please
hand me that thingy that helps reattach the whatchamacallit...?

>> Next thing you know Sidney Ho will chime in. ;-)

If I can help instigate a stroll down Memory Lane, only too happy to
help!  ;^D

>>> While moving out of my place, I found something that I thought
>>> might be of interest to the 2400 community: an in-the-box NewerTech
>>> NuPowr G3 upgrade. I bought it three years ago from Techno Warehouse
>>> LLC (who appear to be no more, unfortunately).
>>>
>>> Part of me is inclined to keep it around as a backup in case my
>>> Interware card dies one day, but I thought I'd ask to see if there
>>> was anyone in the community here who it would make happy. If so,
>>> please make me an offer. (A fair offer, please.) I'll guarantee the
>>> card against DOA.

Now that I've already over-spent for the month...8^(
Buying the Comet (minimum stock config) and 96 MB RAM upgrade has me
tapped out, but if nobody else snatches it up this month....

Meanwhile, anybody here with case mod experience?  How much sanding is
needed to get a nice finish when spray painting?  Anyone ever apply
inkjet printed vinyl or decals?  Suggestions/tips about clear coat
finish, etc...?

Gene Osburn
Common sense...isn't