[DuoList] Joining secure network with OS 8.6?

Ralph Mawyer mac2400 at satx.rr.com
Sun Nov 5 15:53:42 PST 2006

On Apr 30, 2006, at 10:40 AM, Gary F. Daught wrote:

> Greetings. I have a PowerBook 2400c, running OS 8.6. I have a Dell
> TrueMobile Gold wireless pc card (that supports 128-bit WEP
> encryption), running ORiNOCO driver v.7.2. I am successfully
> running wireless on my secure network at home.

Gary, I just installed Airport 1.2 (using Tomeviewer, etc.) under OS
8.6 along with the Orinoco driver v7.2.  When inserting the Lucent
Silver pc card the system freezes.  This occurs whether the wireless
card is in the slot at startup or inserted after startup.

Did you have any issues similar to this when setting your's up?

Thanks...

Ralph Mawyer, Jr.
San Antonio, Texas

PB2400c/G3-320/112MB/80MB HD/Yu-Plan Keyboard
mac2400 http://www.sineware.com/mac2400
Your PowerBook 2400 Reference Site

safety deserve neither liberty nor safety". Benjamin Franklin, 1759.