[DuoList] 2400c not starting up - any troubleshooting suggestions?

Iman Bhullar imansingh at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 9 18:26:58 PDT 2006

I have a 2400c that I just tried to boot up for the
first time in almost a year. As soon as I plugged it
in (i.e. before I hit the on/off button) it started up
- screen lit up, hard disk whirring, etc - but it
didn't boot. The computer kept whirring away, but
nothing else happened except that it made a beep noise
by itself at one point and then (after I hit a few
random buttons with no response) would beep if I hit
buttons.

I've turned it off and on several times, and the same
thing keeps happening - it's whirring and there's a
lit-up-but-still-grey screen. I tried holding down the
SHIFT key while starting it (to turn the extensions
off) because it's the one trick I know - but it didn't
work this time.

Any further suggestions?

If nothing works, I'll probably give this thing away
(or sell it if I can) - so if anyone's interested let
me know.

Thanks for any help,
Iman