[DuoList] The 2400c arrived DOA Wanted - advice, starting points, screw - possible WTB

Alex Santos santos.poland at gmail.com
Sat Oct 14 17:05:23 PDT 2006

It was purchased DOA

Sigh…a few problems

1) there seems to be a loose screw running inside, I think it's a
screw…gotta digg in there to find out. Comments?

2) The screw caps are missing, does anyone know where I can get
replacements? Screw Covers 922-2985 (The Apple part number now is
surely irrelevant)

3) The original seller claims that one day there was a high pitch
noise coming out of the 2400 and he took it into service but they
told him it needs a new mother board.

Up to now I have not plugged it in yet because of the loose screw. I
am going to take it apart and find out what is happening in there.

Finally, are there any suggestions, tips, advice?

I'll throw this in here while I'm at it, this 2400 was the best I
could do in the two years I've been searching for one of these. Does
anyone know, besides eBay, where I can get a well kept 2400? Any offers?