[DuoList] Re: DuoList Digest, Vol 24, Issue 4

Wanda Robertson robertson at canby.com
Thu Sep 28 14:43:03 PDT 2006

> On Sep 28, 2006, at 7:21 AM, Raymond P Reedy wrote:
>
>> On Sep 27, 2006, at 17:08 , Fabian Fang <ftf at mac.com> wrote:
>>
>>> A quick Google or similar search for "PowerBook Duo 2300 battery"
>>> will bring you the following and thousands of other leads:
>>> <http://www.ebatts.com/apple_powerbook-
>>> duo-2300_laptop_batteries_part_b-589d4.aspx?
>>> GCID=GOOG&src=goog&GTKW=Powerbook%20Duo%202300%20Battery>
>>
>> I sent two Duo batteries to eBatts for rebuild. Got a phone call
>> from a rep who said ,"The cases are too brittle for repair." They
>> sent them back (one intact, and one that looked like it was pried
>> open with a chisel and a hammer. No thanks!
>>
>> I also had done a google and found no sites that "sell" batteries.
>>
>> Still looking.
>

> Are they not selling batteries?
> <http://www.batteryforall.com/for~PowerBook--Duo--2300--
> Series_Apple_Notebook--Laptop-view-part-H160AE-10PBD.htm>

I tried this URL & got an "invalid"  notice so I stripped the URL back
down to
just the <http://www.batteryforall.com/> and Wow!  They have batteries
for my little
280c!  The one drawback is that it costs 97.40!  Would be fun to have
it though,
as the battery was long gone when I bought it!  They also have one for
the
2300 - also 97.40.

Wanda