[DuoList] Your DuoList Age?

dithomas at hkstar.com dithomas at hkstar.com
Fri Apr 6 19:10:51 PDT 2007

----Original Message----
From: mac2400 at satx.rr.com
Date: 07/04/2007 4:44
To: "A place to discuss Apple's sub-portable computers."<duolist at listserver.
themacintoshguy.com>
Subj: [DuoList] Your DuoList Age?

Brandy, just for grins, do your remember when you first joined the
List?  It might be interesting to see who's still subscribed, even
though many have moved on from the 2400.

Me? 7 yrs or so... late 1998/early 1999 I think, then got involved
with mac2400 in Sep 1999 or so.

This archive only goes back to 2004, on my postings at least.
http://www.mail-archive.com/duolist@lists.themacintoshguy.com/info.html

Hi Rob,

Ian Thomas in Hong Kong here. Got my first 2400 in, I think 1997, and then a
spare from a fellow lista a few years later. The 2400 followed on from a
2300, a 270c and a PB100. The 2400 have been my only computers until this
January when a failed hinge on the main 'puter and an increasing awareness
of the software technology gap meant that a  Core Duo 2 MacBook 13 inch
took over. I have to concede that everything about the new book is superior
but the two 2400s occupy a warm fuzzy place in my heart!

So, can't remember exactly when I joined the list but it was a very, very long
time ago. I remember Syd Ho's valient efforts to keep the 2400s up to date
and we had a number of enjoyable conversations when he passed through Hong
Kong on his way to China. I also remember the huge amount of money that
I sank into the main book whenever a CPU upgrade came up. The main book
is up to 400 mhz and the spare up to 320 mhz. My main ally an friend was
Kevin at MCE who knew more about 2400s than anyone else, with the possible
exception of Syd (who claimed to be able to open a 2400 with his eyes closed!).
I am very glad to see that people are still taking advantage of Syd's experiments
in order to keep their books going.

We now return you from our trip down memory lane to our regular schedules.

Regards,

Ian Thomas.