[DuoList] Which hard drive for a PowerBook 2400

Josh Keady joshkeady at msn.com
Tue Apr 10 00:10:26 PDT 2007

Nope, I tried a large ATA-6 hard drive in my 2400 and it absolutely
refused to see it.  I ended up getting a 6 gig Travelstar and it
works just fine.

As far as an installation guide goes, don't have that either but you
do have to take a lot of the machine apart to get at the drive.  A
good thing to do when you first take a PowerBook apart is to take a
piece of paper and assume its perimeter is the perimeter of the base
of the PowerBook.  Then as you remove screws, mark their locations on
the paper.  Or if you know the names of components, you can just make
a list of the lengths of screws and through what components / general
locations they attach.  The big thing is making sure you get all of
the long screws through the boards in to the chassis.  Some long
screws will fit where short ones are supposed to go, but most/no
short screws will fit where long screws are supposed to go.

Just go really slowly and watch that you don't yank the ribbon
cables, you should be fine.

Josh