[DuoList] OS X on 2400C?

COCCORP at aol.com COCCORP at aol.com
Sun Aug 26 11:16:18 PDT 2007

In a message dated 8/26/2007 12:28:51 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
ericrsa2004 at yahoo.com writes:

I am  attempting to install ox 10.0.3 on my little
Comet (180mhz/80 meg  ram).  I do not have an external
CD-Rom.  I do have USB working  on it and do have two
working PCMCIA slots.  What are my options  here?  Disk
images are not seeming to work?  I do have  Xpostfacto,
but it will not recognize....

Admirable project!  It does not top the guy who installed OSX on a Mac  128k
(It took A WEEK for the OS to register a cursor move!) but it gets points  in
MY book, FWIW...

------------------------------

I think your project would work best with at least 96mb RAM installed, and  a
G3 processor installed; albeit the G3 processor is hard to get these  days, I
know.

Of course, there are SEVERAL SCSI cd-roms out there that will work with the
2400c; I think I have two by MediaWare and Sony, each with a extension
driver.  At one time it was very important for me to find a PCMCIA cd-rom  for my
2400c -- I think I eventually found that the devices made by Addonics  were the
best way to go, as they made several cd-rom, dvd-rom and cd/dvd burners  that
were connectable either by USB, PCMCIA or (I think) firewire cables.   Plus,
they had classic Mac OS drivers.

Help me out here list, but short of any reliable CD-rom connection, could
not something be done to install OSX via SCSI Disk mode -- at least in  tra
nsporting the images to the HD of the 2400c?  What about using an  external HD via
the 2400c's USB card?

Good luck,

Craig W.
Houston Texas