[DuoList] WIFI on Duo 2300c?

COCCORP at aol.com COCCORP at aol.com
Sat Sep 22 13:35:38 PDT 2007

In a message dated 9/18/2007 8:29:21 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
artrice66 at yahoo.com writes:

Hi Craig,
I am curious for more information on how you do wi-fi on the Duo  2300c.

Hey Art,

My 2300c runs OS 8.1, has the max RAM, aided by Ram Doubler 8.  As you  can
see I am STILL with AOL (I am STILL a smart person, though!  Ha!) so I  use it
(Mac version 5.0) and Internet Explorer 5.x for Mac...

To get wireless, I use a Newer Technology Ethernet Microdock with a  wireless
802.11b bridge; sometimes I have to use my Etherdock (the one I suspect  you
have?) as the Microdock sometimes is tempermental...

Now, as far as the bridge... I cannot remember who made it!  I found  it on
Ebay way back when - around 2002-2003.  It was designed to provide  wifi access
to PC machines that did not have USB or PCMCIA.  It is  pretty small -- about
the size of a pack of cigarettes, and has a built-in clip  (presumably for it
to be used with a laptop).

It has a VERY QUIRKY browser-based setup procedure - you have to change  your
settings in the TCP/IP control panel to access it - but it does do the  trick.

It requires a AC adapter to use it, and that part is not very cool.... but
hey, the 2300c need to be plugged in TOO(!), so really as long as I can find a
wall plug that has two plugs available, it's no biggie.

I will take a pic of the bridge and the entire setup this weekend,

Craig W.