[DuoList] My olde 2400

Hal kastegir at mac.com
Fri Feb 22 07:31:49 PST 2008

On Feb 22, 2008, at 5:13 AM, Noah Wood wrote:

> On Fri, Feb 22, 2008 at 7:07 AM, David Reaves <rrsounds at aol.com>
> wrote:
>> I have a 2400 that served me well.
>>
>> Original owner. Features Interware 400MHz G3 card (installed by MCE),
>> Cardbus enabled (by MCE), with 10GB hard drive; 80MB RAM running
>> OS9.1
>> and it's here in Germany. Good universal power supply, no dead
>> pixels,
>> OK battery, questionable floppy drive.
>>
>> What do you think my little Comet is worth? Any offers? I feel like
>> I'm putting a child up for adoption (sob!)
>>

> On ebay you can still get quite a bit for these laptops  with your
> upgrades, I'd bet an upwards of $300USD, if you sell on this list or
> the LEM swap list you'd get less, but you'd know it's (usually) going
> to someone who will use it well and keep it in working order.

Agreed. On a good day on eBay you could get $300+ for that machine,
particularly if there was a buyer in Germany or elsewhere in Europe
that really wanted one. I'd guess you'd get less from a list member
but, again, you'd know it was going to a good home.

If you'd consider shipping to the USA, I'm interested. :-)

-Hal