[DuoList] power adaptor?

daniel brunk river96b at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 18 06:11:40 PST 2008

The great news is that it's pretty easy to get your windfall 2400c up and running and surfing the net.

For power, I would go directly to ebay and do a search for 2400c.  The same power supply that works for some ibooks/powerbooks will also work for the 2400c, so they're pretty easy and inexpensive to find.  It's also not uncommon to find an actual 2400c power supply on ebay as well.

Going wireless is also pretty easy.  I use a Dell Orinoco card in mine.  One is on ebay now for about $38 shipped:

http://tinyurl.com/2cdzdp

To configure it, I recommend this most excellent site which guides you through step by step on how to install the software and configuring your Comet for wireless:

http://www.penmachine.com/techie/airport1400.html

If you score this card from either ebay or elsewhere and it doesn't come with the install file, I could email it to anyone who needs it.  This site also lists some other cards that will work as well.

What size hard drive do you have in it now?  I'm pretty sure that any 9.5mm 2.5" IDE/ATA drive will work.  I have a 40 GB drive in mine, and they can be found rather cheaply.  Some on this list have 80 GB or more.  It's kind of funny that my 2400c has a bigger hard drive than my ibook.

If you're going to install it yourself, though, be prepared to dedicate a good chunk of time and come up with a good way not to lose all those tiny screws of different sizes...

Good luck and congratulations on your find!