[DuoList] re: 2300c Hard drive issues

Kimo B. Yap kby+duolist at alumni.caltech.edu
Tue Jan 29 14:39:33 PST 2008

> Thanks Josh, I also got that tip from [kby] off-list.  That indeed
> was probably the source of the problem.  I swapped out the cable for
> a REV B and also removed the jumper pin that was on the drive when it
> was in the 2400c.  That did it and the 2300c recognized the HD.

Actually it was this answer that jogged me into thinking about it
(although i've had the problem before)
BTW I haven't forgotten about getting you the 9.2.2 nubus addenda;
the MO drive I need to read
the cartridge for the archive needs cleaning, although I think i can
get the info another way
even if I can't get the drive cleaned enough in short order. I've
just had a lot of other stuff
going on.

BTW, 9.2.2 is slow if you load it down too much on the 2300. If you
don't try to overdo it's acceptable
although not speedy.-kby