[DuoList] FS: 2400c, etc.

Mark m.moreau at comcast.net
Mon Mar 9 17:12:08 PDT 2009

Sadly it's time to sell my 2400c.  It's been a while since I used it
regularly, and well, money being the way it is these days, and I need to
clear out some stuff.

Here's what I've got:

1.
Complete working PowerBook 2400c
OS 9.2.2
180MHz
112MB RAM (max)
40 GB hard drive
Battery (not great, but works)
AC adapter
Very good case, except some id marks engraved on the bottom.

2.
Complete 2400c parts unit
This is not together, but most parts are there and were working last time I
checked (except for PC card cage- I used it to repair the bad one in #1.
180MHz LB. Good screen, keyboard, excellent case parts (better than #1
above). Battery (bad). No AC adapter. No RAM.

3.
Extra logic board (not sure about this- frankly I forgot I had it until
opened the parts box)

4.
Newer Technology NuPowr G3 240 MHz upgrade.
Frankly, I was never get this to work reliably.  I installed it and even got
as far as installing a new OS when it crashed.  I never got it to run with
the upgrade installed.  Sometimes it would start to boot up, but then would
hang.  I finally took it out, replaced it with the 180MHz cpu and got back
to work.  I don't know why it wouldn't work right.  Maybe I didn't have some
software installed, I don't know.  Maybe someone with more time can figure
it out.  Or not.

5.
PowerBook 2400c RAM module.  I don't know what size, but my guess is 16MB.

Two of the logic boards above have the yellow wires that can be easily
clipped for full fledged PC card support (if you're into PB 2400's you know
what I'm talking about).

I'm not interested in selling this off bit by bit.  I'm open to offers, but
would like to get $225.00 (+ shipping). If I don't get a decent response
here I'll list it on ebay.  Please don't make me go that far.

Contact me off list please.