[DuoList] The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly

Hung Doan hqdoan at gmail.com
Fri Mar 27 09:55:59 PDT 2009

So after all my complaints and pouting, I'm back on track trying to get this
2400c working.

Good news: I got a new Powerboard and it seemed to help my 2400c for a bit.
Whenever I put my Comet to sleep, it'd wake up ready to work and the battery
fully works and all.

Bad news: After leaving it unplugged for one week, it won't power on
anymore. I do PMU reset (holding the button in the back) overnight (not me,
I used an object and fixed it against a book) and it still doesn't power up.

Ugly: I thought I'd take out the battery and leave the plug in and power on.
Instead it sounds like it wants to turn on but it buzzes for a few seconds,
then fails to do anything.

What's going on? I think the Backup battery is tanked but shouldn't the
Powerbook battery still charge? I think the machine is confused about how to
charge and the battery is not charging. Any advice/thoughts?

It doesn't have enough power to even get to GLOD I think :-) Anyhow any
advice is appreciated. Thanks!

Hung Doan