[DuoList] The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly

Ryan Vetter physicalconstants at yahoo.ca
Sun May 3 15:12:15 PDT 2009

Clark:

Any movement on this?

Ryan

----- Original Message ----
From: Clark Martin <cmmac at sonic.net>
To: A place to discuss Apple's sub-portable computers. <duolist at listserver.themacintoshguy.com>
Sent: Friday, March 27, 2009 10:43:33 AM
Subject: Re: [DuoList] The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly

Hung Doan wrote:
> So after all my complaints and pouting, I'm back on track trying to get this 2400c working.
>  Good news: I got a new Powerboard and it seemed to help my 2400c for a bit. Whenever I put my Comet to sleep, it'd wake up ready to work and the battery fully works and all.
>  Bad news: After leaving it unplugged for one week, it won't power on anymore. I do PMU reset (holding the button in the back) overnight (not me, I used an object and fixed it against a book) and it still doesn't power up.
>  Ugly: I thought I'd take out the battery and leave the plug in and power on. Instead it sounds like it wants to turn on but it buzzes for a few seconds, then fails to do anything.
>  What's going on? I think the Backup battery is tanked but shouldn't the Powerbook battery still charge? I think the machine is confused about how to charge and the battery is not charging. Any advice/thoughts?
>  It doesn't have enough power to even get to GLOD I think :-) Anyhow any advice is appreciated. Thanks!

You can try this, it's worked for me on other PowerBooks.  Pull the adapter connector, pull the battery then hit the power on button.  Now plug in the power adapter and hit start.  Once the computer is starting up (hopefully) then put the battery back in.

-- Clark Martin
Redwood City, CA, USA
Macintosh / Internet Consulting