[DuoList] PB 2400c SCSI CD-ROM drive boot issues

Ward Curry wardc at mac.com
Fri Apr 2 14:35:47 PDT 2010

Okay...my SCSI dock adapter and SCSI cable arrived and I attempted to
boot my PowerBook 2400c from an OS 8.1 CD-ROM and I am still having
problems. I have the adapter switched to "SCSI" and a terminator on
the other port of the CD-ROM drive. The issue I am having is that it
boots to a grey screen and nothing happens. The CD-ROM drive spins up
but it doesn't load the OS. The CD-ROM drive is not an Apple-branded
drive, it's a Micronet 16x SCSI CD-ROM. Could this be my issue? Do I
need an Apple SCSI CD-ROM to boot it?

Thanks