[DuoList] Replacement screen for Powerbook Duo 2300c

Geoff geoffs at vcn.bc.ca
Sat Apr 10 15:34:58 PDT 2010

Thanks for your suggestions regarding replacement for the screen on
my Duo 2300c and thanks to Andy for the repair manual for the 2300,
but no screens from previous duos are available either nor are they
as good as the the active matrix on the 2300c. The only other
powerbook with the exact same screen that I know of is the powerbook
540c which I also cannot find anywhere. I did find a 2300c screen
from the UK but they want $200 plus shipping for it, more than the
computer is worth. Many other legacy powerbook screens are available
for about $25 which is about all I want to pay. I don't want to send
away for a whole computer. So I guess I have to say good-bye to all
my legacy files and peripherals and throw it all in the garbage. The
end of an era

Thanks again,

Geoff