[DuoList] Looking for 2300c Accessories (Again, sorry)

Keegan van der Laag kvanderlaag at gmail.com
Fri Feb 26 08:04:22 PST 2010

I think I posted this before I confirmed my subscription - if you're
getting this twice, I'm very sorry.

Having recently acquired a PB Duo 2300c (which I love), I'm looking to
pick up a couple accessories to make it somewhat more useful. I'd need
them shipped to Canada (since for some reason I live there) so I'm fully
expecting that this might cost me a bit. If I can get everything from
one person, so much the better.

1) Batteries. They can be dead, I'm going to rebuild them. Obviously if
they're dead, I'd prefer not to spend a whole ton of money on them, but
in old computers, sometimes you have to. Please let me know what you have.

2) Docks. Particularly, I want two features: SCSI, and Ethernet. These
can even be in separate units. They don't have to be Apple, and I'd
prefer not to have to use a DuoDock - I don't have a wealth of desktop
space available. I would like to be able to use the Intarwebz, and a
SCSI CD-ROM drive, though. Again, let me know what you have.

Also, if anyone has some ideas about a source for Duo docking connectors
(for the dock side, not the PB side) that doesn't involve hacking up
potentially uncommon live Duo accessories... I know that's a long shot,
but I have a weird and crazy idea that I'd like to try out. Did Apple
get these connectors from an electronics OEM that might have had their
own part number for just the connector?

Thanks for putting up with my ridiculous questions.

Keegan