[DuoList] A PPC yarn....

coccorp at aol.com coccorp at aol.com
Mon Jan 18 04:47:34 PST 2010

In a message dated 1/16/10 10:38:33 PM, cmmac at sonic.net writes:

> According to what mis-informed source?  I ran a Lombard on Panther for
> several years without any problem.  With a trick or two you can load
> Tiger on it and AFAIK it should run even better.

Yes, it is well known that Panther can run on a Lombard; that is not the
issue.   My friend likes to watch DVDs on her laptop, and OSX will not allow
it using the Lombard's hardware...unless U know something I don't?

> Classic by the way is OS 9 running UNDER OS X (as a process within X).
> OS 9 is the proper term for running booting and running OS 9 by itself.

Yes, BUT I CHOOSE to call anything <OSX "classic" whether it is running OSX
or not.   Just my thing...

> If this laptop is to be used on the Internet you should definitely put X
> on it.  Explorer and NetScrape barely function on many sites, on some
> not at all.  While under Tiger you can use Safari 4 which is the latest
> version.

I installed iCab and the classzilla browser on the machine.   She's a light
e-mailer and browser, so I think she can manage with OS9.

...especially since itis being GIVEN to her for free...!
;-)

Craig W.