[DuoList] 2300c Hard Drive Woes

Britt Dodd brittman914 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 24 11:03:53 PDT 2010

8.1 introduced hfs+ iirc

On Mar 24, 2010 2:02 PM, "Keegan van der Laag" <kvanderlaag at gmail.com>
wrote:

Unfortunately, I don't have access to a SCSI CD-ROM drive. I DO have an
SE/30 with an Ethernet card, and a Power Macintosh 7600 (I think - maybe a
7200) running either 8.6 or 9. I'll go see if I can't find that 8.1 floppy
and give it a shot.

Dean, HFS should be okay on the Duo, I would think - the "Mac OS Extended"
format is HFS+, which is (essentially) what OS X uses for a filesystem. HFS
was in use for system 7/8, I'm sure of it.

Keegan

On 3/24/2010, 11:47 AM, Dean write: