[DuoList] Duo230 is really dead. why?

duoman at mac.com duoman at mac.com
Sat Jan 15 10:57:46 PST 2011

Hi Blake,

It's also very possible that the PRAM battery attached to the motherboard inside the Mac is totally dead. I've seen a dead PRAM battery render PowerBooks unable to start at all.

A quick Google search shows that there are still a few places online selling them, though I couldn't personally vouch for the quality of any such vendor... but here's an example:

http://www.yourmacstore.com/shop/shopdisplayproducts.asp?id=192&cat=PRAM+battery

I hope that helps.
David