[DuoList] Powerbook 2400c

Ivan Drucker ivanxqz at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 4 07:33:17 PDT 2011

Cilcking sound on boot sounds like a dead hard drive. If you can find a suitable 2.5" SCSI drive replacement, you might be able to fix it yourself (or find someone who will) by following the disassembly instructions at http://www.sarofax.com/mac2400/ under hardware->disassembly. I wrote a step-by-step approach, and there are also video and photo guides.

As for the drive replacement, you might be able to use one of these:

http://www.artmix.com/CF_powermon.html

If they are still findable and available (he used to sell the on eBay). If it works, it would make for a perfectly silent 2400c!

Ivan.