[DuoList] 270c not starting.

Art Rice artrice66 at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 21 21:38:22 PDT 2013

________________________________
 From: Fredric QJ Blåholtz <e5frog at gmail.com>

I got this Powerbook Duo 270c from a friend who asked if I could have a look at it as it wouldn't start. I assume it has been unused for some time.

Did you push the power reset switch at the back for 30-45 seconds after disconnecting all power sources for 10 minutes and then re-connecting them? I seem to recall that helped boot up my duo 2300c. I may also have re-started it without the main battery, since it was a weak one.
You said you had 7.2V on the battery, the manual says a fully charged one  would read 12 Volts.
The memory back up battery is a 3V lithium, yours is reading 2.7V, so it is a little weak also but may charge up higher.
I hope this info helps.

Art in Silicon Valley
DuoList mailing list
DuoList at listserver.themacintoshguy.com